Catalogue Printing Surrey
Calderstone Surrey has many years’ experience in catalogue production and catalogue printing. We have the resources, knowledge and experience to ensure your catalogue project runs smoothly from beginning to end.
- Over 25 years’ experience managing complex catalogue printing projects
- Comfortable handling large paginations (in excess of 800pp)
- Advice given on paper/board stocks and appropriate binding methods
- Facilitate press passes if required
- High quality reproduction to really enhance your brand
- Knowledgeable account managers oversee your job through all stages of the catalogue production. From estimating, through proofing, catalogue production, catalogue printing and distribution.
See examples of our catalogue printing services below
Integral tabbed dividers
A5 352pp + 4pp cover
A4 880pp + 4pp cover
A4 - hole drilled
A4 180pp + 4pp cover
A4 80pp + 4pp cover
How Our Catalogue Printing Process Can Help You
See how the process we follow can help you create the perfect catalogue:
- Paper and board stocks
- Printing and finishing
- Mailing, distribution & storage
We can work with you in three ways:
- If you have a creative agency that you are already working with then we can liaise with them re transmission of artwork files, scheduling and proofing.
- If you have an in-house design department then we can collaborate with your team to ensure all artwork is produced to the standards necessary for high quality catalogue printing. We can also assist if the schedule is tight and actually share the workload to ensure your deadlines are met.
- Our own creative team can design concepts, supply visuals and help you each step of the way to produce artwork for catalogue printing that will really impress.
Selecting the right paper and board stocks
There is a huge variety of paper and board stocks from which you can choose. If you have a large catalogue with several hundred pages then a light weight, woodfree coated stock will fit the bill. On the other hand, for more exclusivity you can select matt or silk coated stocks to give that luxury feel. Whilst all the stocks we specify are FSC accredited you may want to go for a re-cycled paper in order to promote your environmental credentials.
We can help you select the most appropriate stocks for your catalogue printing and supply samples and dummies on request.
Soft proofing is the quickest and preferred method of approving jobs before they go on press. These are normally supplied as PDF’s.
As an option we can supply digital hard copy proofs.
Ideal for short runs. Digital production also enables you to personalise each catalogue for extra impact.
By far the most popular method for catalogue printing and gives you the widest possible range of paper stocks and print finishing techniques to choose from
If you have a large print run with many pages then web offset can prove to the most economic method of printing
To make your catalogue more individual you can choose from a range of laminations and varnishes, metallic inks and foil blocking to give that extra sparkle or embossing to provide a greater tactile experience for the reader. We will help you specify what would work best for you. Depending upon the number of pages and the run length, your catalogue printing can be carried out by one of three production methods
There are several binding methods but the main ones are saddle-stitching, perfect binding, PUR binding, thread sewing and wire-o binding. However, for more specialist applications we can advise on other binding methods that may be more appropriate.
Mailing, distribution & storage
Once your catalogue printing has been completed we can simply deliver direct to you.
Alternatively, we can post catalogues out to your customers and prospects from a database supplied by you. Please ask us about our mailing services which include advising on economic postal rates.
If space is at a premium then we can arrange storage and either ‘ad hoc’ or ‘pre-scheduled’ deliveries despatched to one delivery address or multiple sites