In recent articles we’ve taken a look at a wide and interesting range of promotional products, designed to differentiate you positively and creatively from your competitors. We’ve also discussed the importance of talking to genuine marketing experts, who will be able to guide you through all the options and help you make the right selections for your target audience.
We now come to what many consider to be the greatest game on earth – golf! Why do so many people love it so much? Here are just a few (of almost countless) reasons:
- people of any age can play it (providing you can pick up and swing a club! Worst case you don’t even need to be able to walk very far as you can drive around in a buggy)
- due to the wonderful handicap system, people of widely different abilities can compete against one another in a genuine contest where the result isn’t a foregone conclusion; (there aren’t many other sports where a rank amateur could beat someone like Rory McIlroy)
- you only spend a small amount of time actually hitting the ball, so there’s plenty of time to talk and make friends and cut business deals over the four hours or so you’ll be “playing”; (again, in how many other sports could you do this?)
- it’s a fine test of character! Julian Small, CEO of the world famous Wentworth Golf Club says “…When you do business with people, you need to know more about them. Golf rewards players who remain calm under pressure, never lose their temper and think strategically. These are all virtues in business, too …”
- it’s down to you – the ball is always still! (is there any other sport where this applies?)
- we probably should mention – it’s hugely enjoyable. You against the course, against the elements, against your opponents.
Need we say more?
A marriage made in heaven …
It seems like it doesn’t it? So what better way to promote your company’s products and services than to combine golf and promotional products? We’re certainly very hard pressed to think of a better fit. Now just look at some of these fantastic ideas which will certainly keep you front of mind.
golfing umbrellas – ball tins – markers – score card holders – gift boxes – pitch forks – tee wallets – decanters – holdalls – shoe bags – awards
(not forgetting balls, and tees, and all the associated paraphernalia of this marvellous game).
The sky’s the limit!
The record for the longest drive in golf has stood, amazingly, for over forty years … and was achieved with an old-fashioned wooden club! It was on 25th September 1974 that a 64 year old man drove a ball an incredible 515 yards on a Las Vegas golf course. In all the intervening years, with improving techniques and high-tech equipment, no one else, not even the greats, have come close!
So you see it is possible to put real distance between yourselves and your competitors – you just need to believe that it’s possible, be creative, and go for it!
Click here to learn more about many of the other brilliant promotional products that we have, or here for our home page. Or call us any time on 020 8391 3001 and as always we’ll be absolutely delighted to help you leave your competitors behind.